The origin of the World Federation of Don Bosco Past Pupils dates back to 24th June 1870, the feast day of Don Bosco. It sprang from the family spirit of the Preventive System at the Valdocco Oratory, Turin, Italy. The Past Pupils Movement was not something started by the educators as an association for school-leavers but for group activities with a selected membership. It grew up on its own with a charismatic vitality at its beginnings. The Past Pupils come together and constitute the Association because they feel the bonds of gratitude and think that together with the Salesians they can update the education they have received and make it fruitful.
Don Bosco Past Pupils’ Association, Egmore Unit, was established in 1976. Their Website dbppa.blogspot.com serves as a link, among all the Past Pupils, between the school and the Past Pupils.